What is a Sales Follow-Up email?
A sales follow-up email is sent to a customer or prospect after an initial meeting or contact. The purpose of the email is to continue the conversation, build relationships, and eventually close a deal.
Sales follow-up emails should be personal and tailored to the individual recipient. They should also be concise, with a clear call-to-action (CTA).
When writing a sales follow-up email, it’s essential to:
1. Personalize the email
2. Mention something you discussed
3. Reinforce your value proposition
4. Include a CTA
5. Send it within 24 hours of the meeting
Personalizing the email ensures that the recipient knows you are thinking about them, not just mass emailing a generic template. Mentioning something you discussed builds rapport and helps keep the conversation going. Reinforcing your value proposition reminds them why they should do business with you. The CTA could be to set up a meeting, send additional information, or anything else that moves the relationship forward.
Here are some tips for writing an effective sales follow-up email:
1. Send it promptly. Don’t wait more than 24 hours to send a sales follow-up email. Timeliness is critical when trying to build momentum and keep the conversation going.
2. Keep it short and sweet. No one wants to read a novel from a salesperson. So get to the point quickly and be concise in your writing.
3. Use an engaging subject line. The subject line is often the make-or-break factor regarding whether or not someone will open your email. So make sure it’s something that will pique their interest.
4. Be personal. A generic, template-style email will likely be ignored. Instead, take the time to personalize each message so it feels like you’re genuinely interested in building a relationship with the recipient.
5. Include a CTA. Every sale follow-up email should have a clear call-to-action (CTA). Whether setting up a meeting or sending additional information, make sure your CTA is specific and easy to follow.
Following these tips will help you write an effective sales follow-up email that will continue the conversation and build relationships with your customers and prospects.
Now that you know the basics of writing a sales follow-up email, let’s look at creating a follow-up sequence with Sloovi.
- Creating a follow-up sequence is easy with Sloovi. First, log in and click on the “Sequences” tab. Then, click on the “Create New Sequence” button.
- From there, you’ll be able to choose from various pre-designed sequence templates. Or, you can start from scratch and build your custom sequence.
- Once you’ve selected a template or created your sequence, you’ll need to add contacts. To do this, click on the “Contacts” tab and the “Add Contacts” button.
- You can add contacts one at a time or in bulk by uploading a CSV file. Once you’ve added your touches, it’s time to start writing your sales follow-up emails.
- To do this, click on the “Email” tab and the “Compose Email” button. This will open up the email composer, where you can write your sales follow-up email.
- Once you’re done writing your email, click the “Send” button to send it to your contact list. And that’s it! You’ve now created a sales follow-up sequence with Sloovi.
Sloovi makes it easy to create and manage your sales follow-up emails. With our simple, user-friendly interface, you can have a follow-up sequence up and running in no time. So what are you waiting for? Try Sloovi today!