Image via Freepik
The popularity of video marketing among businesses doesn’t seem to waver any time soon in the future years. Marketers are busy adjusting and upgrading their marketing strategy to stand out in the sea of competitors.
Having excellent-quality videos is not enough to survive in the global market. You need a whole package of killer strategies to thrive your business. The following article will give you the ultimate video marketing checklist every business should know in recent years.
Before delving deeper into that, have you ever wondered why video marketing is popular among businesses? We also got the answer!
The Reasons Why Businesses Should Implement Video Marketing
Businesses of all scales can get great benefits from implementing video marketing. It’s more than just increasing sales; but also has a long-term impact. Let’s take a look at the data below.
In 2022, 82% of all internet traffic will come from video content.
88% of businesses are happy with the ROI after implementing video marketing to promote their products.
93% of businesses state that videos on social media effectively turn audiences into customers.
Those numbers prove that video marketing is the most suitable and effective way to grow a business today. There are many video types for marketing purposes; some that are in high demand include:
- Explainer videos
- Product demonstration videos
- Web series videos
- User-generated videos
- Live-action videos
- Live videos
The Ultimate Video Marketing Checklist
The video marketing checklist below will guide you in developing a robust strategy to promote and sell your products. More than that, you can also get long-term benefits by increasing brand awareness.
1. Planning and Researching Stage
Planning and researching are obligatory when you’re about to start big projects. The two are the clincher of your video marketing performance. But, what should you do at this stage? Let’s get to the points.
- Identify target audience (age, gender, income, behavior, etc.)
- Study your competitors’ performance and strategy
- Study video styles
- Identify the best video style for your product and audience
- Identify video trends for social media
- Set goals and expectation
- Decide video styles
- Plan budget
- Plan how you will produce the video
You may research other topics or plan more things. The more comprehensive your plan and research, the more benefits you’ll get in the following stages.
Video production is the most awaited and anticipated stage. You must give total effort to create a high-quality video for your audiences. Plus, ensure your video is comprehensive and visually appealing to turn audiences into prospective buyers.
Here are some steps you need to consider to make a driving video:
- Create enticing storyline
- Make high-quality video only
- Keep your video short and straightforward
- Engage audiences by mentioning their problems
- State your products as solutions subtly
- Use illustrations, animations, or graphics to explain complex ideas.
You can create the video with your team or work with a professional video maker company at this stage. Make sure any action that you take is within the budget.
Optimizing video performance in cyberspace is no less important than the prior stages. The internet can’t do magic alone, so you must boost your video to perform wonderfully and generate results.
You may consider some actions below to push your video performance:
- Decide video keywords
- Put keywords on video title, descriptions, and tags
- Make sure keywords are relevant and not stuffy
- Use long-tailed keywords
- Create eye-grabbing thumbnails
- Include subtitle and transcript
- Add a call-to-action to drive audiences
- Make your video is mobile friendly
When you’ve completed the above steps, it’s time to expose your video to a mass of people. The perfect way is to sail your video on as many social media platforms as possible. Not to forget, on the company’s landing page as well.
- Create social media channels for your business
- Work with influencers and experts to optimize promotion and build trust
- Embed video to your newsletter
- Embed video on your landing page
Make sure to create channels on major social media sites, such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, and others. Social media have specific favorable video formats, like vertical or horizontal.
Spreading and optimizing your video on social media is not the last step on the checklist. You still need to monitor your video performance constantly to determine whether it drives results. Take a look at some steps you should take.
- Leverage the social media analytics page
- Set metrics to measure the ROI
- Compile data and study video performance
- Check on the most result-driving social media
- Identify certain problems and find solutions
- Make evergreen content for high-performing videos
By monitoring your video performance in cyberspace, you can identify factors that make your video work excellently and keep up the good work. Also, you can identify problems and fix them immediately.
The above ultimate video marketing checklist is beneficial to make your business stand out and grow in intense competition. Make sure to have a solid plan, strategy, and team to work optimally and head towards your goals.
Moreover, always maintain your excellent work and upgrade your strategy to keep up with the recent marketing trends. As we all know, the era we live in is fast-paced, and unpredictable things happen frequently.